According to scientists our teeth are disgust! Apparently they are whose that the ancient Britons and you know how bad they must have been, I mean they didn’t HAVE dental. But yes we are in dire need of the tooth fairy. But until she comes around, we are here to debunk the myths of dental hygiene.
- You should wait to brush your teeth until after breakfast. – MYTH!
You should brush your teeth as soon you wake up to brush away the bacteria that forms in your mouth overnight.
- Always Rinse. –MYTH!
Rinsing washes away all the fluoride which helps fight decay. Rinse with a fluoride mouthwash. Or just spit out the excess toothpaste.
- You should brush your teeth after each meal, especially if it is sugary. – MYTH!
You should only brush your teeth two to three times a day. Over-brushing is bad and can make your gums recede and wear out teeth.
- You should brush your teeth as soon as you have finished eating. – MYTH!
Total Myth! You should wait for 30 – 40 minutes If you brush straight away the acid in the mouth gets brushed into the teeth. This will make your teeth erode over time!
- You should change your toothbrush every 6 months. – MYTH!
You need to change your toothbrush every 3 months. After 3 months the bristles fray and will not clean the mouth right. Also Whatever toothbrush you get, an electric toothbrush is no better than regular!
- Brushing alone, twice a day, is sufficient to keeping your teeth clean. – MYTH!
Yeah, But you also need to floss and preferably before you brush.
Photo Credit: Paramount Pictures